navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Honor Father Love You Dad
Dark Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Honor Father Love You Dad Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
green_itchy_stuff
since 2003-06-26
Posts 1929
New Caney, Tx

0 posted 2006-06-30 06:25 PM

From down below
A trickle in my heart
Marriage in my blood
I'm not alone in this world

I'm not alone in this world
I do not own this world
I don't deserve this world

My breath of life
Over death
The earth cannot contain
I came from you
All remorse where its due
I can't just say what I want
I have to live it
Respect to you

Beyond whats dead I walk
Rise inside this life
My blood came from you
And it would spill for you
Because I love you, Dad

balloons are made of rubber...
... and they float too...
as will I to Heaven once I die...

© Copyright 2006 Kenneth Craig Rogers - All Rights Reserved
Hollow_Emptiness
since 2004-02-01
Posts 715
New Zealand
1 posted 2006-07-01 06:06 AM

"I'm not alone in this world."

Too true Craig. You have God and you have me. I love this poem.

God bless to you too.
Courtney.

Come on God, do I seem bulletproof?

green_itchy_stuff
since 2003-06-26
Posts 1929
New Caney, Tx
2 posted 2006-07-01 05:36 PM

I have God and I have you?  How so?  I think I get it.  I have you as a friend and someone else that I can say the phrase, "I love you" to, because some say its impossible to love the entire world.  The only reason they say that is because they're selfish.  God is love, 1 John 4:8 and 1 Corinthians 13 describes Him (love).

Actually I wrote this for my earthly father, but I guess it does apply to the Father as well... I mean hey, why not?  

Wow, ouch... thats BIG!

God bless,
In Christ,
-Craig

if you have any questions about God send me an e-mail and I'll find the answer if I don't already know it.

To wrestle is to live; to fight is to love.

Digital_Hell
since 2006-06-05
Posts 202
Amidst black roses
3 posted 2006-07-01 05:59 PM

I commend you on the honour and love you show for your father, both the earthly one and the heavenly one.

But truthfully i must warn you against both, they can be fickle and easily turn on you. Your faiht is admirable but i must say i do not agree with you...

But a good write and enjoyable to read. I look forward to more of your work

hells gate reads Abandon hope all ye that enter here
shall we go?
the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Will you walk with me?

stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
4 posted 2006-07-02 01:27 AM

Digital_hell – why would you say that his fathers would turn on him? Okay, I admit that one of them could, doesn’t seem very relevant from this poem though, but God never would… so, pardon me, but I must say that I disagree with you on this one.

As for this poem? I loved it, it is something I envy, or the writer I envy, for being able to convey how much he appreciates his father. I never can say what I feel about someone I love, it’s hard for me, I envy the ability to be able to write what you feel for people…

This was a great write and one of my favorite parts would have to be,

Beyond whats dead I walk
Rise inside this life
My blood came from you
And it would spill for you
Because I love you, Dad

something about this stanza just makes me smile, it must be the last line…

Thanks for sharing this poem with us, it was such a pleasure to read

@-->---

Digital_Hell
since 2006-06-05
Posts 202
Amidst black roses
5 posted 2006-07-03 12:42 PM

Im sorry stargal but to my own and several of my peers experience God can turn on you... But this is hardly the place to start an argument on whether or not God is good...We are here for the poetry. And i say again, i really enjoyed reading this. it made me think of such happy days again

hells gate reads Abandon hope all ye that enter here
shall we go?
the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Will you walk with me?

green_itchy_stuff
since 2003-06-26
Posts 1929
New Caney, Tx
6 posted 2006-07-05 08:54 PM

Thank you.

As far as God turning on someone... He is faithful to the faithful.  The only reason he would dare act against a person or people is discplining them, teaching, or preparing them for something later.  God doesn't turn on us, we turn on Him.  Old Testament Israel is the best example, but don't forget that (Romans 8:28) all things work together for the good of those that love God and are called according to His purposes for them."  
He may just want you to trust Him.  He is trustworthy.

God bless,
In Christ,
-Craig

zigwield
since 2006-06-25
Posts 61

7 posted 2006-07-06 01:11 PM

yes indeed very good
i felt like saying
"come on father lets hug ourselves
and forget all problems"

[This message has been edited by zigwield (07-06-2006 02:22 PM).]

Faint of Heart
since 2006-07-07
Posts 6
CA, USA
8 posted 2006-07-07 06:23 PM

This poem is good.

It touches me so because currently my father and mother are getting divorced. My dad's going to be living in a hotel room for a month and I can't see him every day. I miss him.

The poem reminds me of my father in that he is also a poet and that he is a Christian (like me).

This poem is a great and creative way of expressing your love for your father.

green_itchy_stuff
since 2003-06-26
Posts 1929
New Caney, Tx
9 posted 2006-07-10 04:41 PM

lol zigweld, thats funny.  So by all means, maybe you and your dad should stand infront of a mirror and first hug yourselves by reaching your arms aroud yourselves and then turn to face one another and give each other a hug.  And if you still want another hug turn back to the mirror and hug yourselves again.

FOH, You sound intelligent by the way you responded.  As far as divorce goes... yeah, my parents got divorced on Christmas Eve while I was 5 and it sucked.  Yeah, I had this deal where I started thinking about death alot while it was going on.  Its not one of those things people like to do.  Actually there isn't anything from it pleasant for anyone.  Pray for them.  Its not God's will for people to get divorced, but it is His will for us to honor our parents.  Don't condemn them.  Just love them both, and remember that God is all of our Father.  Feel free to send me an e-mail if you would like to talk more about it.  Jesus loves you.

God bless,
In Christ,
-Craig

trUstNooNe
since 2006-05-21
Posts 91

10 posted 2006-07-22 07:47 AM

nicejob..i like the emotion you caught in the poem...i love it!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Honor Father Love You Dad

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary