navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Munich
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Munich Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan

0 posted 2006-01-08 10:42 PM

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/charen200601060710.asp

Has anyone seen this movie?
Do such issues arise?

© Copyright 2006 John Pawlik - All Rights Reserved
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
1 posted 2006-01-09 12:58 PM

I haven't seen this movie, however such issues arise in almost every movie that is dealing with a contrversial subject. Even though I know it was completely un-intended, I actually see this as a bit of Karma coming back to haave a debt paid for the Jewish extremists. No, I do not mean the typical "go-to-Temple-and-get-on-with-my-day" members of the Jewish faith. I am talking about the ones who absolutely screamed at the top of their lungs, and tried to discredit, censor, and block a movie not too long ago that they "just knew" was an attempt to discriminate against them. Now, there is another movie on the blocks that is not being done in a mean-spirited manner, or to cause discredit to any member of any national, racial, or religious group and yet the members of the Jewish faith are being accused of the same things as the other movie maker.

I know I took the topic in a direction you were not asking, however this is just something that has been happening in Hooey-wood for a very long time and needs to be ignored completely. Most movies are not made to discredit anyone (with one notable movie maker being excepted). They are made for... what was that word??? Oh, yes... ENTERTAINMENT and nothing else. This just happens to be based on historical events... such as: JFK, All The Kings Men, Born On The Fourth Of July, Alive, etc.
One tends to wonder if this same outcry would be happening if, say, Martin Scorcese or Gary Marshall had made it.

BTW... I do plan on seeing it in the very near future.

"...and as we drift along, I never fail to be astounded by the things we'll do for promises..."
Ronnie James Dio

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Munich

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary